Plan Reports & Guidance
This section contains information on plan reporting requirements, including informal guidance, the reporting due date calendar and PRB forms.
Minimum Educational Training Program
This section contains information and materials related to the development of the educational training program including training requirements, working group meeting summaries, board action and the program’s statute.
This section contains a pamphlet of the Texas Government Code relating to public pensions.
PRB Pension Funding Guidelines
This section contains the PRB’s current Pension Funding Guidelines which were adopted in January 2017 and went into effect on June 30, 2017.
This section contains investment policy best practices, the PRB model ethics policy, sample policies, links to Texas statutes, and other best practices resources.
Investment Practices and Performance Evaluations
This section contains information about Investment Practices and Performance Evaluations and links to individual evaluations.
Texas Local Fire Fighters Retirement Act (TLFFRA)
This section contains TLFFRA specific resources.
Research and Analysis
This section contains PRB research and analysis on several pension topics.
- Contribution & Benefit Decision-Making Tables
- Summary: Financial Health Study of Texas Public Retirement Systems
- Financial Health Study of Texas Public Retirement Systems
- GASB Statements 67 and 68
- PRB Staff Research Papers
- PRB White Papers
Public Retirement System Data
This website contains the most recent data from reports received from public retirement systems.
- 87th Legislature
- Attorney General Opinions
- Board Policies
- Financial Transparency Website Project
- Frequently Asked Questions
- General Duties of the Board
- Publications and Reports
- Public Pension Search Tool (Texas Comptroller)
- Investment Practices and Performance Evaluations
- Intensive Actuarial Reviews